About MNI and MNI Objectives
MNI was founded by leading international companies in specialized medical nutrition. The mission of MNI is to bring together companies that provide products and services to optimize patient outcome through specialized nutritional solutions.
The goals of the organization are to:
Build an environment which promotes the transition of clinical nutrition research into standard practice, and work with regulatory authorities and scientific bodies to shape a regulatory and reimbursement framework which supports the health needs of patients throughout the world.
MNI is also an active partner of ENHA - The European Nutrition for Health Alliance, an independent organization that pursues a multi-stakeholder partnership in the EU healthcare arena. ENHA also raises awareness of the importance and urgency of malnutrition in hospitals, care homes and the community. Finally, ENHA takes appropriate action together with European professionals, hospitals, nursing directors and other stakeholders.
To deal with questions of specific interest to the Medical Nutrition industry, in consultation and close co-operation with National, Regional and International Associations.
- To represent the interests of the Medical Nutrition industry towards international institutions and organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) and their Codex Alimentarius Commission and UNICEF.
- To promote high ethical standards for the Medical Nutrition Industry.
- To support the quality of products and services to best serve the interests of patients, health care professionals, payers and health care providers.
- To shape, in collaboration with existing regulatory authorities and scientific bodies, a regulatory and reimbursement framework capable of meeting the needs of patients, health care professionals, payers and health care providers.
- To furnish an environment that nurtures and supports further research to fully explore the potential of medical/ clinical nutrition in improving the health of patients suffering from acute or chronic disease.
- To collect and disseminate, where necessary, information and documentation relating to Medical Nutrition, and in particular the role of the Medical Nutrition International Industry.
- To provide guidance, technical and scientific expertise for industry associations, representing the interests of Industry at national, regional, or international level.
If you like to know more about MNI, please contact us through the contact page.