The 2018 MNI Grant was awarded to the Spanish Society for Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition (SENPE) for its outstanding project to develop a cost-economic tool that would calculate the economic impact of disease-related malnutrition.
The award was consigned on 3 September 2018, during the ESPEN-ONCA-MNI Joint Session 2018, by MNI President - Tim Meyerhoff - to Dr Miguel León-Sanz, SENPE Chairman.
- For more information on the Spanish Society for Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition (SENPE), please visit: www.senpe.com
Have a look at the video-recording of the announcement by MNI President and of Dr León-Sanz' presentation here below!
MNI would also like to acknowledge the other applications received, whose posters are available here below:
- Towards a digital nutrition diary for patients after esophagectomy: Development of an interactive app evaluating postoperative nutrition - supported by VVKVM (Belgium)
- The VIPUN balloon catheter to quantify gastroprokinetic therapeutic gain - supported by VVKVM (Belgium)
- A digital tool to screen and care for undernutrition in infants and children - supported by SBCN & VVKVM (Belgium)
- Connecting malnourished hospital patients with community services & nutrition support: Building bridges and care processes for the recently discharged malnourished patient - supported by CNS–SCN (Canada)
- InternationalNutrition Audit in FORegutTuMors: INFORMAdvancing Optimal Nutrition Care in Cancer - supported by CNS–SCN (Canada)
- Improving Malnutrition Management in the Czech Republic through Effective Involvement of Dietitians - supported by SKVIMP (Czech Republic)
- National data hub for clinical nutrition in Danish hospitals, care homes and primary health care: A quality improvement study - supported by DAPEN (Denmark)
- PROPER-LVADPreoperative Nutritional Optimization and Physical Exercise for Patients scheduled for elective Implantation of a Left-Ventricular Assist Device - supported by DGEM (Germany)
- Nutrition Care Protocol for Early Feeding Enrichment of Inpatients at Malnutrition Risk in Internal Medicine Departments - supported by ISCN (Israel)
- Nutritional educational policies for patients diagnosed with fistula or leaks of the gastrointestinal tract - supported by CMNCTN (Mexico)
- e-Nutrition Care SystemEnhanced, Efficient, and Effective Framework for Integrated Nutrition Care - supported by PhilSPEN (Philippines)
- Optimizing Artificial Nutrition Support in Portugal - supported by APNEP (Portugal)
- Animal vs vegetable protein supplementation during neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with gastrointestinal (GI) cancer: an exploratory study - supported by APNEP (Portugal)
- A novel approach to combat disease related malnutritionMulti strategic approach to ameliorate nutrition care process by strengthening human resources and institutional capacity in Sri Lanka - supported by SLMNA (Sri Lanka)
- Routine procedure to individualize energy prescription using a new indirect calorimeter - supported by GESKES-SSNC (Switzerland)
- Proactive interdisciplinary monitoringof malnutrition and risk factors during hospitalization: building a cost-effective approach to fight malnutrition across the chain of care - supported by NESPEN (The Netherlands)
- Digital Malnutrition Education Platform - supported by BAPEN (United Kingdom)