Video "From Hospital to Home with Parenteral Nutrition" now available in Polish
People of all ages can be prescribed parenteral nutrition because of varying diseases.
Home parenteral nutrition is considered a valid option for improving quality of life in patients whose conditions require long-term parenteral nutrition.
Home Parenteral Nutrition (HPN) may improve patients’ quality of life by supporting them in their daily activities.
Home parenteral nutrition is an integral part of the management of adults and children for all where food and fluids cannot be absorbed normally or if oral/enteral feeding is not possible or sufficient.
Discover how patients with chronic conditions and who need nutritional support can receive parenteral nutrition at home without the need to travel to the hospitalin the MNI video animation "From Hospital to Home with Parenteral Nutrition" now availabe in English and Polish versions:
- Parenteral nutrition allows patients to receive their nutrition directly into the blood
- People of all ages can be prescribed parenteral nutrition because of varying diseases
- Patients with chronic conditions can continue receiving parenteral nutrition at home. This is called Home Parenteral Nutrition (HPN).
- A multi-disciplinary team provides information to patients on their health conditions, the therapy prescription and on the use of HPN
- A healthcare professional will train the patients or the carer on how to store and to safely administer HPN
- The patient receives all items needed to administer parenteral nutrition at home
- It is very important to protect the catheter from any infection, by adhering to strict hygiene standards at all times
- Patients receiving parenteral nutrition at home may be able to carry on with their daily activities, and to remain active
- For any question or if in doubt, the patient can call a healthcare professional or homecare company for support
- The patient will have regular monitoring with their healthcare professionals and multi-disciplinary team
- Disclaimer: The video is provided for information only. Please refer to a healthcare professional to address any specific questions or concerns you may have on the use of home parenteral nutrition.